Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Smithsonian Museum of Natural History


Wow! That was my first impression of the beginning of my museum tour in Washington DC. First of all, all of the Smithsonian Museums are absolutely free! No money needed and there are too many to visit in such a short amount of time. I had the evenings to sight see and took advantage every chance I could. It was my first trip to Washington. The museum had hundreds and hundreds of fossils, an exhibit tracing the evolution of man and other creatures as well. There were even a few live exhibits on display when I was there. This museum was my favorite because there were so many great thngs to see under one roof. The tour began with the earliest of lifeforms and progressed through time to the present. I was amazed at the number of interacive exhibits. It was a great time for all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment